What is meant by confirmation of medical condition?
If you are a qualified health or social care practitioner your statement of your client’s medical diagnosis is sufficient.
If you are a caseworker for a charity that supports clients with a particular medical condition your statement of your client’s medical diagnosis is sufficient.
Otherwise, we need as much information as possible about your client’s medical condition in the form of written documents from a qualified health or social care practitioner. It is very likely that your client will already have letters or reports in their possession that can be scanned and attached to the application form. Examples are:
- A copy of the Consultant outpatient clinic letter to the GP
- A copy of the patient’s summary computer print-out following the client’s attendance at the GP surgery
- A copy of a medical certificate stating the medical condition
- A copy of the client’s prescription/s relevant to the medical condition that is creating the need for a grant
- A copy of an Occupational Therapy report with needs assessment, stating medical diagnosis and requirements.